As a special treat to promote Bookstore Day 2017, audiobook retailer Libro.fm is offering 6 free audiobooks, as incentive for visiting your local independent bookstore (which may also offer cards to redeem additional titles).
The titles available as part of the online offer are from a variety of genres and age levels, and can be downloaded via the Libro.fm app available for iTunes and Android devices, or as DRM-free MP3s on your computer.
- **A Supposedly Fun Thing I’ll Never Do Again ** by the late literary fiction author David Foster Wallace, a humorous non-fiction essay about a Carribean cruise experience, exclusive to this Bookstore Day 2017 offer
- Hachette Audio Story Sampler, another Bookstore Day 2017 exclusive, containing selected short works read by comedian David Sedaris, the late musician Pete Seeger, and the late actor Alan Rickman
- Brain Rules: 12 Principles for Surviving and Thriving at Work, Home, and School by John Medina, a self-improvement guide
- The Women in the Castle by Jennifer Shattuck, an historical drama about three widows in Germany at the end of World War II
- Shadow House #1: The Gathering by Dan Poblocki, horror adventure novel for tweens, involving a haunted house
- Tomb Quest #1: Book of the Dead by Michael Northrup, pulp adventure novel for tweens, involving Egyptian mythology
- Penguin Random House Audio Story Sampler, another Bookstore Day 2017 exclusive, but this one just consists of introductory chapters from their bestsellers
Offered in many regions worldwide, until midnight PST on April 29th, directly from Libro.fm (requires account signup but no payment info)